MAINE INSURER DISCLOSURE OF IMPORTANT POLICY PROVISIONS
Underwriter, Producer, Brand Information
Pet health insurance policies are administered by Norse Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. and underwritten by Clear Blue Insurance Company (NAIC # 28860). Plans are marketed and sold by the Agency/Producer listed below and receives compensation based on the premiums for the insurance policies it sells.
|Agency/Producer||Odie Pet Insurance Marketing, Inc.|
Pre-Existing Conditions, as defined under the Definitions section below, are not covered. Other exclusions may apply. Please refer to the exclusions section of the policy (What Is Not Covered) for more information.
Right to Examine and Return
You have fifteen (15) days from the day you receive the policy, certificate or rider to review it and return it to the company if you decide not to keep it. You do not have to tell the Company why you are returning it. If you decide not to keep it, simply return it to the company at its administrative office or you may return it to the insurance producer that you bought it from as long as you have not filed a claim. You must return it within 15 days of the day you first received it. The company will refund the full amount of any premium paid within 30 days after it receives the returned policy, certificate or rider. The premium refund will be sent directly to the person who paid it. The policy, certificate or rider will be void as if it had never been issued.
The fastest and easiest way to return your policy is by notifying us in writing through the channels outlined below:
|Odie Pet Ins Mktg, Inc|
29899 Agoura Rd Ste 110
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Annual Policy Limit, Annual Deductible, & Co-Insurance
- ANNUAL POLICY LIMIT: The maximum amount that the policy will pay in any Annual term.
- DEDUCTIBLE: The Annual amount you pay out-of-pocket for the Actual Cost of Veterinary Treatment for any eligible Condition after the application of your select Co-Insurance amount.
- CO-INSURANCE: This term applies to both parties as described on your declaration page. The larger percentage represents our portion of the Actual Cost of Veterinary Treatment that is paid for any eligible Condition before the application of your chosen Deductible
Description of Illness and Injuries Plan Coverage
|Annual Policy Limit||$2,500; $5,000; $10,000; $25,000; $40,000|
|Co-Insurance||70%; 80%; 90%|
|Annual Deductible||$50-$1,000 (as shown on the policy declaration page)|
|Supplemental Benefits||The below supplemental benefits are available for additional premium. Please refer to the policy declaration page to see if your policy includes these supplemental benefits: Office Visits/Exam Fee Coverage, Take Home Prescription Medication Coverage, Rehabilitation, Acupuncture, and Chiropractic Care Coverage|
Description of Accident Only Coverage
|Annual Policy Limit||$10,000|
- 0 days following the Policy Effective Date for any Accident-Related Injuries or Illness.
- 14 days following the Policy Effective Date for any Illnesses and any related Conditions.
- 30 days following the Policy Effective Date for any Cruciate Ligament Events and any related Conditions.
- Once met, these Waiting Periods are waived for continuous, uninterrupted policy renewals, including, at our discretion, uninterrupted policy renewals from other pet insurance providers; however, if you cancel or non-renew your policy in order to add any supplemental benefit (if applicable) or increase your Annual Limit (if applicable) on a new policy, then Waiting Periods will not be waived for that new policy.
- The waiting periods may be reduced or waived for coverage acquired through pre-approved channels where the health of your Pet is certified by a participating veterinarian prior to coverage being purchased.
Please refer to the Declaration Page for your Pet’s specific waiting period.
Changes to Your Premium
- Your premium will NOT change based on your Pet’s individual claims experience.
- Your premium MAY change if your address changes. We require notification within 30 days of an address change.
- Your premium WILL change at renewal as the covered pet gets older.
Determination of Claim Payments
The Company provides coverage to you for the Pet described in the policy and on the policy declaration page for the Actual Cost of Veterinary Treatment for any eligible condition, subject to the terms of the Policy, after the application of the Co-Insurance, minus the Deductible, up to the Annual Limit of the policy.
The formula for determining claims reimbursement is as follows: eligible expenses multiplied by the reimbursement percentage minus the deductible equals the claim payout.
|($1,200||Total eligible expenses of a covered condition|
|x 90%)||Reimbursement percentage|
|– $250||Remaining annual deductible|
|$830||TOTAL REIMBURSEMENT AMOUNT|
Routine Care/Routine Care Plus Endorsement
Routine Care/Routine Care Plus is an optional endorsement that may be added to your base pet health insurance policy. Purchase of a routine care endorsement is not a requirement for the purchase of pet insurance. The endorsement is subject to all provisions of your policy that are not in conflict with the provisions of the endorsement.
The endorsement provides reimbursements for preventative care shown below up to the lesser of the Actual Cost of Veterinary Treatment expense provided by a Veterinarian or the following maximum allowable limits.
Maximum Allowable Limits
|Routine Care||Routine Care Plus|
|Spay/Neuter – Teeth Cleaning||$0||$150|
|Heartworm Test or FELV Screen||$25||$30|
|Blood, fecal, parasite exam||$50||$70|
|Urinalysis or ERD||$15||$25|
|TOTAL ANNUAL BENEFITS||$305||$535|
- CHRONIC CONDITION: A condition that can be treated or managed, but not cured.
- PET INSURANCE: Property insurance that provides coverage for accidents and illnesses of pets.
- PRE-EXISTING CONDITION: A condition for which any of the following are true prior to the effective date of a pet insurance policy or during a waiting period:
- A veterinarian provided medical advice regarding the condition;
- The pet received previous treatment for the condition; or
- Based on information from verifiable sources, the pet had signs or symptoms directly related to the condition for which a claim is being made.
- RENEWAL: Means to issue and deliver at the end of an insurance policy period a policy that supersedes a policy previously issued and delivered by the same insurer or an affiliated insurer and that provides types and limits of coverage substantially similar to those contained in the policy being superseded.
- VETERINARIAN. An individual who holds a valid license to practice veterinary medicine from the appropriate licensing entity in the jurisdiction in which the individual practices.
- WAITING PERIOD: The period of time specified in a pet insurance policy that is required to transpire before some or all of the coverage in the policy begins.
Maine Bureau of Insurance Contact Information
|Address||Maine Bureau of Insurance|
#34 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0034
Producer Contact Information
|Address||Odie Pet Ins Mktg, Inc|
29899 Agoura Rd Ste 110
Agoura Hills, CA 91301