Illness & Injury
Peace of mind in under a minute.
We often think that because our pets are smaller than us (in most cases), their medical bills would be smaller, too. But if you’ve been to the vet without insurance, you’ll know that even an ear infection or a tummy ache can cost you hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
The good news is, we made pet insurance affordable for everyone. (Save those extra dollars for treats)
*Average price based on a 3 year old, mixed-breed pet.Start your plan
- Only takes a minute
Additional benefits when you join Odie.
We have your peace of mind covered.
While you can’t avoid future accidents or illnesses, you can get reimbursed for them with an Odie pet insurance plan.
- 24/7 Televet Chat
- Emergency vet visits
- Overnight hospital stays
- X – rays & CT Scans
- Laboratory Tests
- Hereditary & congenital issues
- Breed-specific conditions,
- Foreign object ingestion
- Toxic Poisoning
- Diabetes & insulin
- Cancer Treatment
- ACL Tears
- Dental disease & fractures
And much more
What’s not covered?
Unfortunately, like most pet insurance companies, Odie does not cover the following points:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Repetitive or behavioral conditions
- Training/obedience class
- Breeding, pregnancy, or birth expenses
- Prescription food or supplements
- Dental cleaning
- Cosmetic or elective procedures
- Biohazard fees
- Preventative Care
Want a more detailed view? Take a look at a SAMPLE ILLNESS & INJURY POLICY
Boost Your Pet’s Plan
For dogs and cats that need extra love and care, add one (or all) of these optional benefits when customizing their plan.
Office Visits & Exam Fees
In the event of an illness or injury, this coverage helps reimburse you for exam fees charged in addition to your pet’s diagnostic tests or treatment.
Take Home Prescription Medications
Get reimbursed for medications your vet prescribes to treat your pet after an unexpected accident or illness.
Odie covers up to 950 prescriptions.
See our formulary
Rehabilitation, Acupuncture, & Chiropractic Care
Great for Senior Pets
Odie can help cover the costs of ongoing physical therapy and rehab to help with your pet’s mobility after they have experienced an accident or illness.
Save up to 5% when you enroll two or more pets!
Automatically applied at checkout when you sign up two or more pets for an illness and injury policy. (Or add a second one later.)
- Only takes a minute
Let us break it down
Understand the Terms
Pet insurance can be confusing. We’re here to help you understand what you’re signing up for.
A pre-existing condition is any condition that was diagnosed before the policy started or during the waiting periods. This includes any condition for which a veterinarian provided medical advice, the pet received treatment for, or the pet displayed signs or symptoms consistent with the stated condition.
How pre-existing conditions work
If your pet is already injured or ill before a policy is purchased or during the policy’s waiting periods, that condition will not qualify for coverage by any pet insurance provider. The good news is your pet will be covered for any future, non-related injuries or illnesses under your pet’s policy.
The waiting period is the time between when your policy starts and when coverage begins. Waiting periods vary based on the type of coverage in your policy.
What are my waiting periods?
The below waiting periods begin from the policy effective date and can be viewed on the declarations page of your policy document.
- Accidental Injuries: 3 days
- Illnesses: 14 days
- Cruciate Ligament Events: 6 months
How waiting periods work
If your pet gets hurt, sick, or suffers a ligament injury during the applicable waiting period, that condition will not be covered and will be considered a pre-existing condition since it occurred before the coverage start date. The waiting periods reduce fraudulent claims and keep premiums at an affordable rate.
The annual limit is the maximum amount that the policy will pay in any annual term.
How annual limits work
Let’s say you selected a plan with a $10,000 annual limit. That means Odie will cover up to $10k in eligible claims within one policy year and will reset on the policy anniversary date.
The co-insurance is the amount you pay out of pocket for before the application of your chosen deductible.
How co-insurance works
As an example, let’s say you selected a plan with a 90% reimbursement. Odie will reimburse up to 90% of all eligible charges, leaving you with only 10% out of pocket.
The annual deductible is the amount you pay out of pocket towards the cost of veterinary treatment, after your co-insurance has been applied. Your deductible will reset on the policy anniversary date.
How annual deductibles work
Let’s say you selected a $250 annual deductible. This is the amount you will pay out of pocket before your plan begins to reimburse you. Once you’ve hit your plan’s deductible, you won’t have to pay it again until your policy renews.